Now on, Marine Drive will host Maha R-day celebrations
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government on Thursday decided to hold the Republic Day function at Marine Drive, instead of Shivaji Park from this year.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan told reporters that conducting the function in the country`s financial capital on the lines of the one at Rajpath in New Delhi was being considered for a long time.
"There will be parade of air force contingents and colourful floats from different parts of the state," he said.
Chavan said a cash prize of Rs 50 lakh will be given to the best float. Second prize will be Rs 25 lakh and third prize will be Rs 15 lakh.
The C-shaped road, popularly known as the Queen`s Necklace Road, links Nariman Point to Babulnath and Malabar Hill in South Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?