Now, Raj Thackeray threatens Maha Home Minister
Kolhapur: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray, known for making vitriolic speeches, has reportedly threatened the state’s Home Minister and senior NCP leader RR Patil while addressing a rally in Kolhapur.
According to reports, the MNS chief dared the state’s Home Minister in the presence of police in Kolhapur for allegedly stopping his workers from setting up party offices across the state.
Addressing a huge gathering of his supporters, the MNS chief said, “When my workers are trying to set up offices you (RR Patil) threaten us. Your workers threaten my workers and their families. I am saying this in front of you (public) and police. If you threaten in the future and stop us from setting up offices, I will also threaten your family. I don`t like theatrics. If someone threatens you (crowd) smash him and move forward."
The MNS chief is likely to attract more legal trouble for allegedly threatening the state’s Home Minister. He already faces law in as many as 90 cases registered against him across the country, mainly for his anti-migrant speeches against north Indians.
However, the MNS chief remains undeterred and unapologetic for virtually challenging the state.
The MNS leader further told his supporters that he was least bothered about the legal trouble coming in his way and that he will continue to champion the causes of the Maratha people whichever government is in power in the state.
"I will continue to speak in the interest of Marathi people whether the government likes it or not. There are 89 cases against me in and outside Maharashtra. Only 11 short of a century. But you cannot stop me. Whatever I see in front of me, I will continue saying that. You can file cases against me but I will not pay attention," he was quoted as saying.
Later, NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik dismissed the allegations made by Raj Thackeray that the state Home Minister was threatening the MNS workers.
"The Home Minister of the state does not threaten people. In fact he takes action against those who threaten others," Malik told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch