Now, Raj Thackeray threatens Maha Home Minister
Kolhapur: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray, known for making vitriolic speeches, has reportedly threatened the state’s Home Minister and senior NCP leader RR Patil while addressing a rally in Kolhapur.
According to reports, the MNS chief dared the state’s Home Minister in the presence of police in Kolhapur for allegedly stopping his workers from setting up party offices across the state.
Addressing a huge gathering of his supporters, the MNS chief said, “When my workers are trying to set up offices you (RR Patil) threaten us. Your workers threaten my workers and their families. I am saying this in front of you (public) and police. If you threaten in the future and stop us from setting up offices, I will also threaten your family. I don`t like theatrics. If someone threatens you (crowd) smash him and move forward."
The MNS chief is likely to attract more legal trouble for allegedly threatening the state’s Home Minister. He already faces law in as many as 90 cases registered against him across the country, mainly for his anti-migrant speeches against north Indians.
However, the MNS chief remains undeterred and unapologetic for virtually challenging the state.
The MNS leader further told his supporters that he was least bothered about the legal trouble coming in his way and that he will continue to champion the causes of the Maratha people whichever government is in power in the state.
"I will continue to speak in the interest of Marathi people whether the government likes it or not. There are 89 cases against me in and outside Maharashtra. Only 11 short of a century. But you cannot stop me. Whatever I see in front of me, I will continue saying that. You can file cases against me but I will not pay attention," he was quoted as saying.
Later, NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik dismissed the allegations made by Raj Thackeray that the state Home Minister was threatening the MNS workers.
"The Home Minister of the state does not threaten people. In fact he takes action against those who threaten others," Malik told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar