Now, Shiv Sena demands ban on burqa
Mumbai: The Shiv Sena on Tuesday demanded a ban on burqa, calling the Muslim veil a threat to security interests.
In an editorial in party mouthpiece Saamna, the party said Turkey had once banned the burqa and now France had followed suit.
It said criminals were using the burqa to commit crimes.
It cited how a new born was stolen from the VN Desai Hospital here, and how CCTV footage showed a 5.2 feet tall burqa clad person committing the crime.
Earlier, a burqa clad person stole a four-day-old infant from the Lokmanya Tilak Hospital in Sion.
In Mumbai, many thousands of woman roam around in the burqa, even in public hospitals, but it is not possible to lift the veil of each woman and check their antecedents.
If a security personnel did that, then it led to protests, it said.
The edit contended that Islam has nothing to do with the burqa and that India should ban the veil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi