Now, Shiv Sena has `no objection` to Sania-Shoaib marriage
Mumbai: A day after attacking tennis star Sania Mirza for her proposed marriage to Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik, the Shiv Sena did a U-turn on the issue Saturday, terming it her "personal matter".
Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray told mediapersons here that the party`s views on Sania-Shoaib marriage were made clear in party mouthpiece Saamna Friday.
"Beyond that, we have no problems with Sania Mirza`s marriage with anybody. It`s a personal matter and she has right to make a choice of her life partner," Uddhav declared.
To a question whether Sania should not marry Shoaib, Uddhav replied: "How can I tell her that? We have no objections to her marrying anybody."
"Do you have any objections?" he countered to the journalist who had raised the question, even as gathering was in splits.
In an editorial in Saamna, the Shiv Sena had Friday lashed out at the proposed Sania-Shoaib marriage. It even advised her to "play for Pakistan" after her marriage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'