NRI beautician convicted in drunken driving case
Mumbai: NRI beautician Nooriya Haveliwala was on Thursday convicted by a special NDPS court for mowing down two persons, including a policeman, while driving her SUV under the influence of alcohol in 2010.
The court, however, acquitted her of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act charges.
The NDPS court judge I M Bohri will pronounce the quantum of punishment later in the day.
Nooriya was taken into custody soon after the court held her guilty under Section 304 (II) for culpable homicide not amounting to murder, Motor Vehicles Act and Prevention of Damage to Public Property Act.
It is the prosecution`s case that on January 30, 2010 Nooriya rammed her SUV, killing two people and injuring three others. She later tested positive for drugs and alcohol.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown