NRI beautician convicted in drunken driving case
Mumbai: NRI beautician Nooriya Haveliwala was on Thursday convicted by a special NDPS court for mowing down two persons, including a policeman, while driving her SUV under the influence of alcohol in 2010.
The court, however, acquitted her of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act charges.
The NDPS court judge I M Bohri will pronounce the quantum of punishment later in the day.
Nooriya was taken into custody soon after the court held her guilty under Section 304 (II) for culpable homicide not amounting to murder, Motor Vehicles Act and Prevention of Damage to Public Property Act.
It is the prosecution`s case that on January 30, 2010 Nooriya rammed her SUV, killing two people and injuring three others. She later tested positive for drugs and alcohol.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'