NRI beautician convicted in drunken driving case
Mumbai: NRI beautician Nooriya Haveliwala was on Thursday convicted by a special NDPS court for mowing down two persons, including a policeman, while driving her SUV under the influence of alcohol in 2010.
The court, however, acquitted her of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act charges.
The NDPS court judge I M Bohri will pronounce the quantum of punishment later in the day.
Nooriya was taken into custody soon after the court held her guilty under Section 304 (II) for culpable homicide not amounting to murder, Motor Vehicles Act and Prevention of Damage to Public Property Act.
It is the prosecution`s case that on January 30, 2010 Nooriya rammed her SUV, killing two people and injuring three others. She later tested positive for drugs and alcohol.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery