NRI beautician convicted in drunken driving case
Mumbai: NRI beautician Nooriya Haveliwala was on Thursday convicted by a special NDPS court for mowing down two persons, including a policeman, while driving her SUV under the influence of alcohol in 2010.
The court, however, acquitted her of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act charges.
The NDPS court judge I M Bohri will pronounce the quantum of punishment later in the day.
Nooriya was taken into custody soon after the court held her guilty under Section 304 (II) for culpable homicide not amounting to murder, Motor Vehicles Act and Prevention of Damage to Public Property Act.
It is the prosecution`s case that on January 30, 2010 Nooriya rammed her SUV, killing two people and injuring three others. She later tested positive for drugs and alcohol.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug