Nullah-cleaning may not be completed in time: Uddh
Mumbai: Targeting Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan for not taking any initiative to resolve the issues of Mumbai, Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray on Wednesday said there was a lack of coordination between various agencies ahead of the monsoon.
"There is a lack of co-ordination between various agencies in Mumbai, resulting in delay in nullah cleaning and de-silting work," Uddhav said, adding that "Chief Minister should take initiative" in this regard.
He also hinted that the civic body -- controlled by Sena-BJP -- might not be able to finish the nullah cleaning work by the month-end, before the onset of rains. "As long as there are problems such as encroachment, nullah cleaning will not be over," he said.
He blamed state agencies MMRDA, MHADA, and the Defence establishments for not co-operating with the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC).
"Certain nullahs pass through properties of Defence, Railways (Central and Western), MMRDA etc. These agencies are not cooperating with the civic body," he said, after inspecting the nullah cleaning work in western and eastern suburbs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers