Nullah-cleaning may not be completed in time: Uddh
Mumbai: Targeting Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan for not taking any initiative to resolve the issues of Mumbai, Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray on Wednesday said there was a lack of coordination between various agencies ahead of the monsoon.
"There is a lack of co-ordination between various agencies in Mumbai, resulting in delay in nullah cleaning and de-silting work," Uddhav said, adding that "Chief Minister should take initiative" in this regard.
He also hinted that the civic body -- controlled by Sena-BJP -- might not be able to finish the nullah cleaning work by the month-end, before the onset of rains. "As long as there are problems such as encroachment, nullah cleaning will not be over," he said.
He blamed state agencies MMRDA, MHADA, and the Defence establishments for not co-operating with the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC).
"Certain nullahs pass through properties of Defence, Railways (Central and Western), MMRDA etc. These agencies are not cooperating with the civic body," he said, after inspecting the nullah cleaning work in western and eastern suburbs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof