Nurse dies of burn injuries, family demands probe in Maha
Nashik: A 23-year-old nurse allegedly committed suicide by setting herself on fire at a village here, police said on Tuesday.
However, the deceased`s family has demanded a probe into her death saying she could not commit suicide.
Savita Rajendra Pawar, working in primary health centre at tribal-dominated Barhe village in Surgana taluka, was admitted to Nashik civil hospital last night following severe burn injuries.
Later, she succumbed to the wounds, police said.
Following the incident, Savita`s relatives manhandled a doctor and other hospital staff alleging that she was not provided proper treatment due to which she died, police said.
Hospital`s civil surgeon Dr Ravindra Shinge told reporters today that the girl`s postmortem was carried out and her viscera was sent for examination, the report of which would be known in three days and it would make clear the exact cause of her death.
The deceased`s father Rajendra Pawar has demanded a "proper" police probe to find out the exact cause of her death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal