‘Nurses deputed at Maha CM`s bungalow as per law’
Mumbai: The decision to depute nurses on
temporary basis at Varsha, the official bungalow of Chief
Minister Prithviraj Chavan, to look after his mother-in-law
was in keeping with the law, Dean of state-run JJ Hospital T
P Lahane claimed on Sunday.
The move had attracted criticism from the Maharashtra
Government Nurses Federation, which sent a protest letter to
the Superintendent of Albess and Cama hospital from where
three nurses were deputed to work at the Chief Minister`s
Lahane said the request from "Varsha" came because the
private nurse looking after the Chief Minister`s relative was
"Varsha is a state government accommodation and
government employees can be deputed there. There is nothing
wrong in deputing nurses to look after a patient at Varsha,"
he said, adding nurses were deputed on a temporary basis to
check the patient`s blood pressure and take her to Bombay
Hospital for physiotherapy.
"The private nurse is scheduled to return tomorrow and
the nurses on deputation will be back at Cama Hospital. Cama
is a 500-bed hospital and there are only 250 patients. Hence,
the three nurses from the hospital were sent on deputation,"
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know