Nusli Wadia to depose before CBI court on June 30
Mumbai: Bombay Dyeing Chairman Nusli Wadia on Monday told the special CBI court here that he will depose before it on June 30, in the trial of a 23-year-old case related to an attempt on his life.
The court, on May 5, had allowed Wadia`s application where he had sought the permission to depose, "to throw light on the motive behind the crime". The court had directed him to inform the date when he would appear.
"We informed the court that Wadia will depose on June 30," his lawyer, advocate Mahesh Jethmalani said.
The court had, while allowing Wadia`s application, said the prosecution was at liberty to examine him as a prosecution witness and if it had no desire to do so, then he would be examined as a court witness.
One Kirit Ambani is the prime accused in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur