Nusli Wadia to depose before CBI court on June 30
Mumbai: Bombay Dyeing Chairman Nusli Wadia on Monday told the special CBI court here that he will depose before it on June 30, in the trial of a 23-year-old case related to an attempt on his life.
The court, on May 5, had allowed Wadia`s application where he had sought the permission to depose, "to throw light on the motive behind the crime". The court had directed him to inform the date when he would appear.
"We informed the court that Wadia will depose on June 30," his lawyer, advocate Mahesh Jethmalani said.
The court had, while allowing Wadia`s application, said the prosecution was at liberty to examine him as a prosecution witness and if it had no desire to do so, then he would be examined as a court witness.
One Kirit Ambani is the prime accused in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Virat Kohli has been advised rest by Team India physiotherapist after IPL 2016: Sandeep Patil
- We are looking at future of Indian cricket: Sandeep Patil on Yuvraj, Harbhajan's axing
- If you survive in Mumbai cricket, you get rewarded: Shardul Thakur on maiden Test call-up
- Shah Rukh Khan remembers his school days, wonders how time has changed! Details inside
- Rio Olympics: Sachin Tendulkar meets wrestlers ahead of quadrennial event, boosts morale