Nusli Wadia to depose before CBI court on June 30
Mumbai: Bombay Dyeing Chairman Nusli Wadia on Monday told the special CBI court here that he will depose before it on June 30, in the trial of a 23-year-old case related to an attempt on his life.
The court, on May 5, had allowed Wadia`s application where he had sought the permission to depose, "to throw light on the motive behind the crime". The court had directed him to inform the date when he would appear.
"We informed the court that Wadia will depose on June 30," his lawyer, advocate Mahesh Jethmalani said.
The court had, while allowing Wadia`s application, said the prosecution was at liberty to examine him as a prosecution witness and if it had no desire to do so, then he would be examined as a court witness.
One Kirit Ambani is the prime accused in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH