Nusli Wadia to depose before CBI court on June 30
Mumbai: Bombay Dyeing Chairman Nusli Wadia on Monday told the special CBI court here that he will depose before it on June 30, in the trial of a 23-year-old case related to an attempt on his life.
The court, on May 5, had allowed Wadia`s application where he had sought the permission to depose, "to throw light on the motive behind the crime". The court had directed him to inform the date when he would appear.
"We informed the court that Wadia will depose on June 30," his lawyer, advocate Mahesh Jethmalani said.
The court had, while allowing Wadia`s application, said the prosecution was at liberty to examine him as a prosecution witness and if it had no desire to do so, then he would be examined as a court witness.
One Kirit Ambani is the prime accused in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch