Obama likely to use chopper in Mumbai
New Delhi: US President Barack Obama is likely
to use a helicopter to travel between Mumbai`s Chhatrapati
Shivaji International airport and the city during his visit to
Sources said as the airport is located at a distance,
security agencies would not like to take any chance and were
advising the use of a chopper by Obama for travel between
the airport and the city.
A helipad located in South Mumbai is also getting
renovated and being sanitised for the use of the US President.
However, in Delhi, Obama is likely to travel by road to
and from the Indira Gandhi International airport, and while
visiting Humayun`s Tomb, Raj Ghat and attending to other
According to reports, the American authorities have
brought a few choppers for the use of the US President.
During his three-day visit to India, Obama will arrive in
Mumbai on November 6 and in Delhi a day later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video