Official`s jeep set afire in Maharashtra
Mumbai: The jeep of a local official cracking down on the sand mafia was set on fire early Thursday in rural Maharashtra, injuring its driver, police said.
The incident took place in Mehunbare, 400 km from here.
"Unidentified persons set the jeep on fire while the driver was sleeping inside," police officer Vishwajeet Kaingade said. It belonged to Mehunbare tehsildar Shashikant Hadgar.
The driver suffered burn injuries on his hands while trying to douse the flames. The police suspect the sand mafia was behind the arson.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof