Official`s jeep set afire in Maharashtra
Mumbai: The jeep of a local official cracking down on the sand mafia was set on fire early Thursday in rural Maharashtra, injuring its driver, police said.
The incident took place in Mehunbare, 400 km from here.
"Unidentified persons set the jeep on fire while the driver was sleeping inside," police officer Vishwajeet Kaingade said. It belonged to Mehunbare tehsildar Shashikant Hadgar.
The driver suffered burn injuries on his hands while trying to douse the flames. The police suspect the sand mafia was behind the arson.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP