Om Puri seeks anticipatory bail in wife assault case
Mumbai: Bollywood actor Om Puri, who was booked for allegedly assaulting his wife and since declared absconding, on Tuesday filed an anticipatory bail application in a sessions court.
The 62-year-old actor was booked under sections 324 (punishment for causing hurt by dangerous means), 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of IPC after his wife Nandita filed a complaint against him on Thursday.
The actor is untraceable since the FIR was registered against him, police said.
Nandita said in her complaint that the actor assaulted her with a wooden stick following an argument over maintenance of their flat in Trushil building at Seven Bungalows in Andheri`s Versova area.
The court will hear his application tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman