Om Puri seeks anticipatory bail in wife assault case
Mumbai: Bollywood actor Om Puri, who was booked for allegedly assaulting his wife and since declared absconding, on Tuesday filed an anticipatory bail application in a sessions court.
The 62-year-old actor was booked under sections 324 (punishment for causing hurt by dangerous means), 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of IPC after his wife Nandita filed a complaint against him on Thursday.
The actor is untraceable since the FIR was registered against him, police said.
Nandita said in her complaint that the actor assaulted her with a wooden stick following an argument over maintenance of their flat in Trushil building at Seven Bungalows in Andheri`s Versova area.
The court will hear his application tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’