One charred to death, 2 injured as gas tanker catches fire near Pune
Pune: One person was charred to death and two others sustained serious burn injuries when a gas tanker caught fire after it was hit by a car at a petrol pump near here, police said on Sunday.
The propylene (inflammable) gas tanker had stopped last night for fuel refilling at the petrol pump at Varkutegaon near Indapur on the Pune-Solapur highway when a speeding car hit it from behind, SP (Pune Rural) Manoj Lohiya said.
This resulted in leakage and the tanker caught fire in which one person was charred to death. Two others sustained about 80 per cent burns and rushed to the Sassoon General hospital, the SP said.
The flames spread to the petrol pump which suffered major damages in the inferno. The fire, however, did not spread to the fuel storage tank there, police said. Some vehicles at the spot were also reduced to ashes.
Fire tenders from Baramati and Indapur were rushed to the spot to control the blaze.
The body was sent for postmortem, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day