One dead as Goa-Mumbai bus plunges into ravine
Ratnagiri : One person was killed and 35 injured when a private tourist bus on its way from Goa to Mumbai plunged into a 200-feet-deep ravine early Tuesday, police said.
According to Lanjha police station chief Ramchandra Gavde in Ratnagiri district, the accident occurred around 2 a.m. on the Goa-Mumbai highway.
"Preliminary investigations indicate that the bus may have skidded on the wet roads due to the rains lashing the area in the past two days," Gavde said.
While one person was killed, 35 have been injured. The condition of four is stated to be serious and they are undergoing treatment at various hospitals in Lanjha and Ratnagiri, he added.
The Thane-registered bus belonged to Kal-Bhairav Travels and the owner has been summoned to Ratnagiri for investigations.
Large parts of the coastal Konkan region of the state have been experiencing very heavy rains since the past couple of days, especially Sindhudurg, Ratnagiri and Raigad, hitting traffic on the busy highway connecting the Maharashtra capital to the coastal state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert