One held for cheating in name of overseas pilot tr
Nagpur: One person was held for allegedly duping two youths of Rs 18 lakhs by promising them aircraft pilot training in Philippines, police said on Thursday.
Two persons, Bhavesh Chavan and Bhagendra Singh Sengar, both in their 20s, posed as officials of a pilot academy in Manila and allegedly took Rs 18 lakh from two youths to provide them pilot training in March this year.
The victims, Sachin Keshavrao Dhomne (27) from Bhandara and Ritesh Belekar (24) from Nagpur, went to Manila and despite waiting for 10 days they were neither provided any training nor were given any information about it.
After returning disappointed, both of them contacted Chavan and Sengar to get their money back, but in vain.
Later, they lodged a complaint against the fraudsters with Gittikhan police here, who managed to nab Chavan at the Mumbai international airport yesterday while he was returning from Manila.
Search for the other accused was on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said