One killed, 9 injured as wall collapses in Akola
Akola: A person was killed and nine others were injured in two separate wall collapse incidents, police sources said.
The initial incident took place on Saturday night at Adgaon village when a house wall came down burying an elderly woman alive, they said.
The deceased woman has been identified as Dwarkabai Namdeo Lagad (72).
In another mishap at village Kalamba, in Balapur taluka here, nine persons were injured when the wall of house suddenly collapsed due to heavy rains on the same day, sources
As many as 1,000 houses on the banks of river Morna are in danger, as the river is flowing over the mark, they said.
The district administration has alerted people and asked them to move to safer places, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof