One killed in boiler explosion
Thane: One person was on Saturday killed and three others critically injured after a boiler exploded in an industrial scrap godown in Mumbra near here, police said.
According to Regional Disaster Management Control (RDMC) of the Thane Municipal Corporation, the explosion took place at a unit in Gothegar on the Mumbra-Panvel Road this afternoon.
Santosh Kadam, Chief of RDMC said a person present inside the godown was charred to death in the explosion while three others received severe burn injuries.
The injured have been admitted to Thane Civil Hospital while the deceased is yet to be identified, fire brigade sources said.
Meanwhile, the Shil Diaghar police have booked the owner of the godown, identified as Ajmal under section 304 (punishment for culpable homicide not amounting to murder) of the IPC.
Doctors at the civil hospital said the injured have received 100 per cent burn injuries and are battling for their lives.
The injured are identified as Phoolchand Prasad (35), Ramlal Yadav (32) and Navman Yadav (32).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought