One killed in boiler explosion
Thane: One person was on Saturday killed and three others critically injured after a boiler exploded in an industrial scrap godown in Mumbra near here, police said.
According to Regional Disaster Management Control (RDMC) of the Thane Municipal Corporation, the explosion took place at a unit in Gothegar on the Mumbra-Panvel Road this afternoon.
Santosh Kadam, Chief of RDMC said a person present inside the godown was charred to death in the explosion while three others received severe burn injuries.
The injured have been admitted to Thane Civil Hospital while the deceased is yet to be identified, fire brigade sources said.
Meanwhile, the Shil Diaghar police have booked the owner of the godown, identified as Ajmal under section 304 (punishment for culpable homicide not amounting to murder) of the IPC.
Doctors at the civil hospital said the injured have received 100 per cent burn injuries and are battling for their lives.
The injured are identified as Phoolchand Prasad (35), Ramlal Yadav (32) and Navman Yadav (32).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Warning message on banned sites: ISPs run into technical issue
- M&M launches DiGiSense platform to access vital vehicle info
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round