One killed in boiler explosion
Thane: One person was on Saturday killed and three others critically injured after a boiler exploded in an industrial scrap godown in Mumbra near here, police said.
According to Regional Disaster Management Control (RDMC) of the Thane Municipal Corporation, the explosion took place at a unit in Gothegar on the Mumbra-Panvel Road this afternoon.
Santosh Kadam, Chief of RDMC said a person present inside the godown was charred to death in the explosion while three others received severe burn injuries.
The injured have been admitted to Thane Civil Hospital while the deceased is yet to be identified, fire brigade sources said.
Meanwhile, the Shil Diaghar police have booked the owner of the godown, identified as Ajmal under section 304 (punishment for culpable homicide not amounting to murder) of the IPC.
Doctors at the civil hospital said the injured have received 100 per cent burn injuries and are battling for their lives.
The injured are identified as Phoolchand Prasad (35), Ramlal Yadav (32) and Navman Yadav (32).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh