One killed in boiler explosion
Thane: One person was on Saturday killed and three others critically injured after a boiler exploded in an industrial scrap godown in Mumbra near here, police said.
According to Regional Disaster Management Control (RDMC) of the Thane Municipal Corporation, the explosion took place at a unit in Gothegar on the Mumbra-Panvel Road this afternoon.
Santosh Kadam, Chief of RDMC said a person present inside the godown was charred to death in the explosion while three others received severe burn injuries.
The injured have been admitted to Thane Civil Hospital while the deceased is yet to be identified, fire brigade sources said.
Meanwhile, the Shil Diaghar police have booked the owner of the godown, identified as Ajmal under section 304 (punishment for culpable homicide not amounting to murder) of the IPC.
Doctors at the civil hospital said the injured have received 100 per cent burn injuries and are battling for their lives.
The injured are identified as Phoolchand Prasad (35), Ramlal Yadav (32) and Navman Yadav (32).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened