One killed in Maharashtra plant blast
Thane: One person was killed and one injured when an explosion ripped through the plant of a pharmaceutical company in Maharashtra`s Boisar town early Thursday, police said.
Investigators said that the blast took place around 1.30 am in a reactor of M/s Pracha Pharmaceuticals in the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation complex in this industrial town.
One person was killed in the deafening explosion while another person was injured seriously and was rushed to a nearby hospital.
The dead employee has been identified as Kamlesh Yadav, 32, while the injured worker is 51-year Surender K Singh.
As per preliminary investigations, an overloading in a tank containing methanol could have led to the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad