One killed in Maharashtra plant blast
Thane: One person was killed and one injured when an explosion ripped through the plant of a pharmaceutical company in Maharashtra`s Boisar town early Thursday, police said.
Investigators said that the blast took place around 1.30 am in a reactor of M/s Pracha Pharmaceuticals in the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation complex in this industrial town.
One person was killed in the deafening explosion while another person was injured seriously and was rushed to a nearby hospital.
The dead employee has been identified as Kamlesh Yadav, 32, while the injured worker is 51-year Surender K Singh.
As per preliminary investigations, an overloading in a tank containing methanol could have led to the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra stun with their chemistry on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'
- Pleasant music helps employees turn in better performances: Study
- Unbelievable! Airtel offers 10 GB 4G data at just Rs 250
- Using Facebook, Twitter may cut BP, diabetes in elderly
- Masala bonds to ease capital constraints for banks: Fitch