One killed in Maharashtra plant blast
Thane: One person was killed and one injured when an explosion ripped through the plant of a pharmaceutical company in Maharashtra`s Boisar town early Thursday, police said.
Investigators said that the blast took place around 1.30 am in a reactor of M/s Pracha Pharmaceuticals in the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation complex in this industrial town.
One person was killed in the deafening explosion while another person was injured seriously and was rushed to a nearby hospital.
The dead employee has been identified as Kamlesh Yadav, 32, while the injured worker is 51-year Surender K Singh.
As per preliminary investigations, an overloading in a tank containing methanol could have led to the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- SHOCKING! Narsingh Yadav wanted to kill himself after dope test fiasco?
- Whoa! Ranbir Kapoor's new house is ready, GUESS who designed it?
- East India's first cadaver liver transplant in Kolkata
- Niti Aayog to hold consultations today with states on 15-year vision document
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel, 3 officials convicted; quantum of sentence to be declared today