One killed in Maharashtra plant blast
Thane: One person was killed and one injured when an explosion ripped through the plant of a pharmaceutical company in Maharashtra`s Boisar town early Thursday, police said.
Investigators said that the blast took place around 1.30 am in a reactor of M/s Pracha Pharmaceuticals in the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation complex in this industrial town.
One person was killed in the deafening explosion while another person was injured seriously and was rushed to a nearby hospital.
The dead employee has been identified as Kamlesh Yadav, 32, while the injured worker is 51-year Surender K Singh.
As per preliminary investigations, an overloading in a tank containing methanol could have led to the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal