One killed in Maharashtra plant blast
Thane: One person was killed and one injured when an explosion ripped through the plant of a pharmaceutical company in Maharashtra`s Boisar town early Thursday, police said.
Investigators said that the blast took place around 1.30 am in a reactor of M/s Pracha Pharmaceuticals in the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation complex in this industrial town.
One person was killed in the deafening explosion while another person was injured seriously and was rushed to a nearby hospital.
The dead employee has been identified as Kamlesh Yadav, 32, while the injured worker is 51-year Surender K Singh.
As per preliminary investigations, an overloading in a tank containing methanol could have led to the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen