One killed in Mumbai gas tanker fire
Mumbai: One person was killed and 14 injured when a gas tanker caught fire near a slum in Mankhurd in Mumbai early Monday, officials said.
The incident took place around 2 am when the tanker carrying around 18 tonnes of LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) gas suddenly caught fire. There was a loud explosion.
The blazing tanker overturned and the flames quickly spread to the nearby slums.
One person, whose identity has yet to be established, was killed while 14, including three women, sustained burn injuries.
According to officials, nearly 20 fire tenders, including water tankers and foam dispensers, were deployed to battle the flames.
Traffic on the Eastern Express Highway has been suspended to facilitate fire-fighting operations.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists