One more held for Navi Mumbai builder`s murder
Mumbai: A builder based in Navi Mumbai was Wednesday arrested for the murder of builder SK Lahoria Feb 16, Mumbai Police said.
Sumit Bachewar was arrested for the murder as he was named in the first information report (FIR). He was sent to police custody for four days by a court, the official said.
Loharia, 52, was a director with SK Brothers, a realty company engaged in constructing residential and commercial complexes in Navi Mumbai.
After the murder, Loharia`s family claimed that Navi Mumbai police were incapable of handling the case and the investigation be transferred to Mumbai Police.
While one of the accused, Venkatesh Shettiar was arrested soon after Loharia`s murder, a former police officer Emmanuel Samuel Amolik and another accused, Wajid Qureshi, were nabbed the next day and remanded in police custody till Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you