One more held in connection with attack on journalist, wife in Mumbai
Mumbai: A day after a city-based journalist and his wife were allegedly assaulted by six eve-teasers in suburban Malad, police on Sunday arrested a 20-year-old student, who they said is a prime accused in the case.
Afroz Sayyad, a student of a college based in suburban Jogeshwari, was apprehended today, police said.
With Sayyad`s arrest, police has arrested two persons and are looking for four others who were allegedly involved in the incident. Police had arrested one Vijay Bahadur yesterday.
The incident occurred in Malad when Sanjay Prasad, a journalist with a Hindi news channel, and his wife were shopping at a market when a young man allegedly passed a lewd comment against his wife.
Prasad strongly objected and a heated argument ensued. The young man walked away only to return with five others who attacked the couple and threatened them with dire consequences.
Meanwhile, the Mumbai Press Club has condemned the incident and urged police commissioner Rakesh Maria to "take stern action against the assailants and to provide citizens with a sense of safety and security".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi