One more nabbed in Pune serial blasts case
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorist Squad on Monday arrested one man for alleged involvement in the August 2012 Pune serial blasts, an official said here.
Bunty Jahagirdar, who was picked up from Ahmednagar, has been charged with aiding and abetting the blasts on Jangli Maharaj Road of Pune. He was produced before a court, which sent him to police custody till Jan 24.
Arguing for his remand under the stringent Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act, the ATS said that Jahagirdar, who had a long criminal record, had supplied two pistols to four people nabbed by the Delhi Police in connection with the blasts.
One person was injured when three low-intensity blasts shook the posh Jangli Maharaj Road, shortly after Sushilkumar Shinde was appointed the new union home minister Aug 1.
Shortly after the blasts, the Delhi Police had arrested four people from different parts of India, including Nanded in Maharashtra, while the Maharashtra ATS had nabbed three people allegedly belonging to the banned Indian Mujahiddeen.
The investigators contended that the Jangli Maharaj Road blasts were allegedly in retaliation against the killing of Qatil Siddiqui, an accused in the February 2010 German Bakery explosion, in the Yerawada Central Jail, Pune, where he was lodged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it