Only `copying` style is not enough: Thackeray to Raj
Mumbai: Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray
on Sunday took potshots at Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief and
his estranged nephew Raj, saying that only "copying" style is
"Someone has stolen my style. Now people might say
that I am copying him. But that is not enough, thoughts are
important. Do you read and keep yourself upgraded? Only raking
up the Marathi issue will not help," Thackeray said referring
to Raj, who is known for aping the oratory style of his uncle.
Ridiculing MNS` Marathi agenda, Thackeray said that
Raj was not even born when he took up the issue.
The Sena chief also criticised Raj for saying his
party would be a "decisive factor" in ensuing suburban Kalyan-
Dombivali Municipal Corporation polls.
"You (Raj) will decide the Mayor... you will decide
the chief minister... at least keep something for us. I have
not spent 45 years fighting for the cause of Marathi people in
vain," he said.
The MNS chief had said during the last Assembly polls
that his party would decide the chief minister of Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?