Open jail for women prisoners at Yerawada soon
Nagpur: An open jail for women prisoners
where they would be trained in agriculture will come up at
Pune`s Yerawada Central Jail on January 26, 2010, the
Legislative Council was told on Tuesday.
A notification to this effect would be issued within
eight days, Minister of State for Home and jail Ramesh Bagwe
said while replying to a calling attention motion moved by
Mohan Joshi (Congress) and others.
The open jail would be created on 17 acres of
agricultural land adjacent to the women`s jail premises at
Yerawada. Women prisoners eligible for open jail would be
given training in agriculture and remunerated for their work,
An open jail for male prisoners already exists at many
places in the state. As per rules, the Inspector General of
Police (Prisons) can set up such jails on the recommendations
of the committee of women prisoners, Bagwe said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy