Open MSEB electricity cable electrocutes schoolgirl in Mumbai
Thane: A 12-year-old girl was electrocuted this afternoon in Mumbai while her sister received a severe shock and has been admitted to a local hospital, the police said on Wednesday.
The police said that the two sisters Sidhvi Santosh Akhade (12) and Ridvi (14) were on their way to the school around noon today when they happened to come in contact with an open electricity cable.
Another person who went to save them was also injured, the police said.
Locals blamed the callousness of the Maharashtra State Electricity Board (MSEB) and the Thane Municipal Corporation (TMC) for open cables lying on the streets coming in contact with rain water and leading to electrocution.
The police investigating the case has registered a case of accidental death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi