Oppn corporators flay Uddhav over aerial survey
Mumbai: Ridiculing Shiv Sena executive
president Uddhav Thackeray for conducting an aerial survey to
inspect the desilting work of nullahs in the city, Opposition
corporators today said the `aerial inspection` was a blatant
misuse of public funds.
On Uddhav, Mayor Shraddha Jadhav and Municipal
Commissioner Swadhin Kshatriya taking an aerial view of the
nullahs last week in a helicopter, corporators said they will
oppose the `joyride` in the Standing Committee meeting and
will not allow the civic body to shell out money for the
"I don`t understand the need for Uddhav to take an
aerial view of the nullahs. We will ensure that the BMC does
not pay for this ride for which Sena-ruled civic body did not
even seek our opinion," Leader of Opposition Rajhans Singh
said here today.
Uddhav and other conducted the aerial survey of four
rivers - Mithi, Poisar, Dahisar and Oshiwara last Saturday.
MNS corporator Mangesh Sangle said, "This is nothing
but a political stunt. A close view of the nullahs from
the ground would have given a better idea of how much work is
completed," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich attack: Facebook activates safety check tool
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- Blue hues to die for! Sonakshi Sinha is basking under Maldives sun- See pic
- Types of HIV carried by chimps can infect humans: Study
- NASA’s SDO captures bursts of solar material from the Sun- Watch