Oppn corporators flay Uddhav over aerial survey
Mumbai: Ridiculing Shiv Sena executive
president Uddhav Thackeray for conducting an aerial survey to
inspect the desilting work of nullahs in the city, Opposition
corporators today said the `aerial inspection` was a blatant
misuse of public funds.
On Uddhav, Mayor Shraddha Jadhav and Municipal
Commissioner Swadhin Kshatriya taking an aerial view of the
nullahs last week in a helicopter, corporators said they will
oppose the `joyride` in the Standing Committee meeting and
will not allow the civic body to shell out money for the
"I don`t understand the need for Uddhav to take an
aerial view of the nullahs. We will ensure that the BMC does
not pay for this ride for which Sena-ruled civic body did not
even seek our opinion," Leader of Opposition Rajhans Singh
said here today.
Uddhav and other conducted the aerial survey of four
rivers - Mithi, Poisar, Dahisar and Oshiwara last Saturday.
MNS corporator Mangesh Sangle said, "This is nothing
but a political stunt. A close view of the nullahs from
the ground would have given a better idea of how much work is
completed," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh