Oppn corporators flay Uddhav over aerial survey
Mumbai: Ridiculing Shiv Sena executive
president Uddhav Thackeray for conducting an aerial survey to
inspect the desilting work of nullahs in the city, Opposition
corporators today said the `aerial inspection` was a blatant
misuse of public funds.
On Uddhav, Mayor Shraddha Jadhav and Municipal
Commissioner Swadhin Kshatriya taking an aerial view of the
nullahs last week in a helicopter, corporators said they will
oppose the `joyride` in the Standing Committee meeting and
will not allow the civic body to shell out money for the
"I don`t understand the need for Uddhav to take an
aerial view of the nullahs. We will ensure that the BMC does
not pay for this ride for which Sena-ruled civic body did not
even seek our opinion," Leader of Opposition Rajhans Singh
said here today.
Uddhav and other conducted the aerial survey of four
rivers - Mithi, Poisar, Dahisar and Oshiwara last Saturday.
MNS corporator Mangesh Sangle said, "This is nothing
but a political stunt. A close view of the nullahs from
the ground would have given a better idea of how much work is
completed," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical