Oppn corporators flay Uddhav over aerial survey
Mumbai: Ridiculing Shiv Sena executive
president Uddhav Thackeray for conducting an aerial survey to
inspect the desilting work of nullahs in the city, Opposition
corporators today said the `aerial inspection` was a blatant
misuse of public funds.
On Uddhav, Mayor Shraddha Jadhav and Municipal
Commissioner Swadhin Kshatriya taking an aerial view of the
nullahs last week in a helicopter, corporators said they will
oppose the `joyride` in the Standing Committee meeting and
will not allow the civic body to shell out money for the
"I don`t understand the need for Uddhav to take an
aerial view of the nullahs. We will ensure that the BMC does
not pay for this ride for which Sena-ruled civic body did not
even seek our opinion," Leader of Opposition Rajhans Singh
said here today.
Uddhav and other conducted the aerial survey of four
rivers - Mithi, Poisar, Dahisar and Oshiwara last Saturday.
MNS corporator Mangesh Sangle said, "This is nothing
but a political stunt. A close view of the nullahs from
the ground would have given a better idea of how much work is
completed," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III