Oppn corporators flay Uddhav over aerial survey
Mumbai: Ridiculing Shiv Sena executive
president Uddhav Thackeray for conducting an aerial survey to
inspect the desilting work of nullahs in the city, Opposition
corporators today said the `aerial inspection` was a blatant
misuse of public funds.
On Uddhav, Mayor Shraddha Jadhav and Municipal
Commissioner Swadhin Kshatriya taking an aerial view of the
nullahs last week in a helicopter, corporators said they will
oppose the `joyride` in the Standing Committee meeting and
will not allow the civic body to shell out money for the
"I don`t understand the need for Uddhav to take an
aerial view of the nullahs. We will ensure that the BMC does
not pay for this ride for which Sena-ruled civic body did not
even seek our opinion," Leader of Opposition Rajhans Singh
said here today.
Uddhav and other conducted the aerial survey of four
rivers - Mithi, Poisar, Dahisar and Oshiwara last Saturday.
MNS corporator Mangesh Sangle said, "This is nothing
but a political stunt. A close view of the nullahs from
the ground would have given a better idea of how much work is
completed," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'