Oppn flays Maha Govt over security; boycotts CM`s tea party
Mumbai: Opposition Shiv Sena-BJP Wednesday
decided not to attend the customary tea party hosted by Chief
Minister Ashok Chavan on the eve of the budget session of
"The law and order situation in the state is in a
shambles...there has been no headway in last month`s Pune
blast and innocents have been thrashed in Vasai by police,"
Leader of Opposition in Legislative Assembly Eknath Khadse
told reporters, saying Sena-BJP would boycott the tea party.
Opposition leaders attended the tea party last year,
when they took a break from the five-year tradition of
boycotting the tea party, since 2004, when the Congress-NCP
coalition retained power in the state.
The Sena-BJP leaders met at the official residence of
Khadse, next to Mantralaya, to discuss the Opposition strategy
during the session beginning here from tomorrow.
Issues like rising inflation and the Congress-NCP
government`s "apathy" towards law and order situation were
discussed at the meeting, Sena spokesperson Neelam Gorhe
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice