Oppn parties in Maha boycott CM`s tea party
Nagpur: The opposition parties in
Maharashtra on Sunday boycotted the customary tea party hosted by
chief minister Prithviraj Chavan on the eve of commencement of
winter session of the state legislature here.
Announcing the decision, Leader of Opposition in the
Assembly Eknath Khadse (BJP) said the Democratic Front
government has miserably failed to solve the crisis being
faced by the cotton, soyabin and rice growers in the state and
also failed to check the rise in the number of suicides by
farmers, prompting them to boycott the tea party.
Khadse also said the opposition parties would not allow
the ruling alliance to run the house unless the government
comes out with relief package for cotton, soya and paddy
Raj Thackeray-led MNS which had attended CM`s tea party
last year has also decided to stay away this time, the party`s
group leader Bala Nandgaokar said.
Last year Shiv Sena had objected to the presence of MNS
in the opposition camp. But this time MNS is part of the
opposition and its group leader Nandgaokar was present at
Khadse`s press briefing alongside Shiv Sena group leader
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened