Oppn slams Mah govt for `inaction` on Adarsh commission report
Mumbai: Opposition BJP legislators on Friday slammed the state government over its "inaction" on the Adarsh commission report, saying the government was trying to save a former chief minister involved in the housing scam.
BJP MLC Ashish Shelar, who demanded a debate under rule 289 in the council, said the government was biased when it came to the action against those indicted in the report.
"The FIR lodged in the scam indicted the members, who were eligible to be the members of the society, while the ineligible candidates have been let off.
Similarly, the politicians involved in the scam through benami registration have been set free and the eligible members have been arrested.
"The CBI asked permission to prosecute a former chief minister saying he was a public servant, but former bureaucrats are booked without any permission," he said.
Leader of Opposition in the State Council Vinod Tawde questioned about the status of the Adarsh Commission report, which was tabled in both the houses of legislature on the last day of the winter session in December.
"Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan declined the permission to prosecute former chief minister Ashok Chavan, who has been indicted in the report. We met the President of India for action in the case. However the opposition and even the people of the state are in the dark over the current status of the report and the action taken against those involved in the scam," he said.
Deputy chairman of the council Vasant Davkhare, however, declined the permission for the debate on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state