Opposition bent on demand for Ajit Pawar`s resignation
Mumbai: Reiterating its demand for resignation of Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar for his controversial comments on drought and loadshedding, Opposition in the Maharashtra legislative assembly today described his "penance" fast on Sunday as just a "drama".
The Leader of Opposition Eknath Khadse, while raising the issue in the lower house, criticised Pawar saying that his only penance would be resignation from the ministry.
"It was not penance, but just a drama. Chief Minister (Prithviraj Chavan) should sack Pawar from the government for his controversial comments against the drought-affected people," he said.
Khadse demanded that the issue be discussed in the house. However, Speaker Dilip Walse Patil rejected the Opposition`s demand saying the issue related to Pawar was a closed chapter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Maruti Suzuki continues to rule PV segment with 7 models in top 10 list
- Monsanto lobbies with US lawmakers on Indian regulatory issues
- Another on brink of extinction: Northern spotted owl added to endangered species list
- This teen daughter of slain Indian Army captain will leave all Muslim-haters red faced – WATCH
- India's 1-run loss to West Indies: Twitter world, especially KING VIRU go crazy