Opposition bent on demand for Ajit Pawar`s resignation
Mumbai: Reiterating its demand for resignation of Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar for his controversial comments on drought and loadshedding, Opposition in the Maharashtra legislative assembly today described his "penance" fast on Sunday as just a "drama".
The Leader of Opposition Eknath Khadse, while raising the issue in the lower house, criticised Pawar saying that his only penance would be resignation from the ministry.
"It was not penance, but just a drama. Chief Minister (Prithviraj Chavan) should sack Pawar from the government for his controversial comments against the drought-affected people," he said.
Khadse demanded that the issue be discussed in the house. However, Speaker Dilip Walse Patil rejected the Opposition`s demand saying the issue related to Pawar was a closed chapter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'