Opposition bent on demand for Ajit Pawar`s resignation
Mumbai: Reiterating its demand for resignation of Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar for his controversial comments on drought and loadshedding, Opposition in the Maharashtra legislative assembly today described his "penance" fast on Sunday as just a "drama".
The Leader of Opposition Eknath Khadse, while raising the issue in the lower house, criticised Pawar saying that his only penance would be resignation from the ministry.
"It was not penance, but just a drama. Chief Minister (Prithviraj Chavan) should sack Pawar from the government for his controversial comments against the drought-affected people," he said.
Khadse demanded that the issue be discussed in the house. However, Speaker Dilip Walse Patil rejected the Opposition`s demand saying the issue related to Pawar was a closed chapter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'