Opposition bent on demand for Ajit Pawar`s resignation
Mumbai: Reiterating its demand for resignation of Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar for his controversial comments on drought and loadshedding, Opposition in the Maharashtra legislative assembly today described his "penance" fast on Sunday as just a "drama".
The Leader of Opposition Eknath Khadse, while raising the issue in the lower house, criticised Pawar saying that his only penance would be resignation from the ministry.
"It was not penance, but just a drama. Chief Minister (Prithviraj Chavan) should sack Pawar from the government for his controversial comments against the drought-affected people," he said.
Khadse demanded that the issue be discussed in the house. However, Speaker Dilip Walse Patil rejected the Opposition`s demand saying the issue related to Pawar was a closed chapter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America