Opposition resorting to ‘electronic terrorism’ to spread lies: Chavan
Navi Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Saturday alleged that Opposition was misusing the social media platform to spread lies and play with people`s emotions amounting to "electronic terrorism".
Addressing the valedictory session of the two-day state spokespersons` workshop, Chavan said that Twitter, Facebook mediums are used to manufacture and propagate rumours. "This is nothing but electronic terrorism," he said.
Chavan stressed the need for Congress spokespersons to take up social media platforms to negate the "false propaganda."
"We have to beware of attempts to create caste and religious divisions in the society since our opponents have nothing to offer on developmental issues," he added.
MPCC president Manikrao Thakre said the party will soon unveil an effective machinery on social media considering the impact it has on public mind.
Union Minister Rajiv Shukla and AICC spokesman Shakeel Ahmed asked the delegates to be well informed on issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj