Opposition resorting to ‘electronic terrorism’ to spread lies: Chavan
Navi Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Saturday alleged that Opposition was misusing the social media platform to spread lies and play with people`s emotions amounting to "electronic terrorism".
Addressing the valedictory session of the two-day state spokespersons` workshop, Chavan said that Twitter, Facebook mediums are used to manufacture and propagate rumours. "This is nothing but electronic terrorism," he said.
Chavan stressed the need for Congress spokespersons to take up social media platforms to negate the "false propaganda."
"We have to beware of attempts to create caste and religious divisions in the society since our opponents have nothing to offer on developmental issues," he added.
MPCC president Manikrao Thakre said the party will soon unveil an effective machinery on social media considering the impact it has on public mind.
Union Minister Rajiv Shukla and AICC spokesman Shakeel Ahmed asked the delegates to be well informed on issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Can't be blamed if my sermons inspire jihadists: Zakir Naik
- Save your mobile data! Google Maps to get Wi-Fi only mode and more for Android
- Pakistan dismissive of India's decision to withdraw diplomats' kids
- Over 58,000 affected in floods in West Bengal, authorities issues red alert in Jalpaiguri
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases