Opposition resorting to ‘electronic terrorism’ to spread lies: Chavan
Navi Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Saturday alleged that Opposition was misusing the social media platform to spread lies and play with people`s emotions amounting to "electronic terrorism".
Addressing the valedictory session of the two-day state spokespersons` workshop, Chavan said that Twitter, Facebook mediums are used to manufacture and propagate rumours. "This is nothing but electronic terrorism," he said.
Chavan stressed the need for Congress spokespersons to take up social media platforms to negate the "false propaganda."
"We have to beware of attempts to create caste and religious divisions in the society since our opponents have nothing to offer on developmental issues," he added.
MPCC president Manikrao Thakre said the party will soon unveil an effective machinery on social media considering the impact it has on public mind.
Union Minister Rajiv Shukla and AICC spokesman Shakeel Ahmed asked the delegates to be well informed on issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!