Opposition resorting to ‘electronic terrorism’ to spread lies: Chavan
Navi Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Saturday alleged that Opposition was misusing the social media platform to spread lies and play with people`s emotions amounting to "electronic terrorism".
Addressing the valedictory session of the two-day state spokespersons` workshop, Chavan said that Twitter, Facebook mediums are used to manufacture and propagate rumours. "This is nothing but electronic terrorism," he said.
Chavan stressed the need for Congress spokespersons to take up social media platforms to negate the "false propaganda."
"We have to beware of attempts to create caste and religious divisions in the society since our opponents have nothing to offer on developmental issues," he added.
MPCC president Manikrao Thakre said the party will soon unveil an effective machinery on social media considering the impact it has on public mind.
Union Minister Rajiv Shukla and AICC spokesman Shakeel Ahmed asked the delegates to be well informed on issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Father and son cut open a wasp's nest – Watch video to find out what's inside!
- Syrian base used by Russia damaged in IS attack: Report
- Those who don''t gossip could become saints, says Pope
- Mafia don's calls: Maharashtra minister hits back at AAP
- Digvijay Singh seeks judicial probe into fake Batla House encounter