Opposition slams re-induction of NCP`s Ajit Pawar into Cabinet
Mumbai: The BJP Opposition slammed the Maharashtra government on Thursday for re-inducting senior Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Ajit Pawar into the Cabinet and protested against the move.
Asking Pawar to confront the SIT probe, Leader of Opposition in Legislative Assembly Eknath Khadse said that he should return to the state Cabinet only after being proved "innocent".
"If he has guts, then he should be ready for a SIT probe. If he is proved innocent, only then should he come back to the Cabinet with respect," Khadse told a news agency.
Pawar had said that he will return to the Cabinet only after he comes out clean from the allegations, Khadse said.
Lambasting Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, Khadse said, “It is really unfortunate that Chief Minister Chavan who calls himself clean has to re-induct Pawar due to NCP`s pressure".
Meanwhile, Shiv Sena`s group leader in the Legislative Assembly, Subhash Desai, said that Ajit Pawar is still not "free" of corruption charges.
"He is still not free of corruption charges. They (government) are fooling the people. It is a mere eye wash. The entire drama was enacted only to escape corruption charges," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand