Ordnance Factory officials held in bribery case
Nagpur: Three senior officers of the Ordnance Factory at Ambajhari near here have been arrested by CBI`s Anti-Corruption wing for allegedly demanding and accepting a bribe from a local firm for releasing its payment, the CBI said Wednesday.
The accused have been identified as Ordnance Factory Joint General Manager S K Tiwari and two Junior Works Managers Vinit Sorte and R R Ghate. They were caught red-handed, while accepting a bribe
of Rs 10,000 and Rs 6,000 each respectively, on the factory premises yesterday.
The trio had demanded Rs 22,000 from a local firm for releasing its payment of Rs 90,000. Partner of the firm- one Rahul Randhir had lodged a complaint with the CBI, which laid the trap and nabbed the three, CBI SP Thomas John said.
Tiwari tried to escape in his four-wheeler, but was overpowered by a CBI sleuth. The firm was engaged in supplying electroplates and dyeing of cartridges cases.
The trio was booked under relevant sections of Prevention of Corruption Act, John added.
Inspectors M S Patil and Vinod Kumar laid the trap. Later, CBI team raided the residential premises of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!