Our leaders don`t give hate speech, claim Shiv Sena, MNS
Mumbai: Shiv Sena and Raj Thackeray-led MNS on Monday claimed their leaders had never given hate speech and they only highlighted key issues of the day.
"Shiv Sena never indulged in hate and inflammatory speeches. It is a patriotic party," Sena MP and spokesperson Sanjay Raut said.
Maintaining that it was Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi who had delivered inflammatory speeches, Raut rued that no action had been taken against the Andhra Pradesh legislator or his party till
"Shiv Sena always spoke and attacked the enemies of this country," said Raut, whose party has been in the past accused of indulging in minority-bashing.
Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) leader Bala Nandgaonkar said, "We spoke on the real issues confronting the state."
Without naming any person or community, he asked "Who is responsible for the present situation in the country. From where does the criminals and terrorists come?"
"We never gave hate speeches," he claimed.
Two days ago, MNS chief Raj Thackeray courted a fresh controversy by stating that "Bihari" migrants were responsible for the gangrape of the 23-year-old para-medical student in Delhi last month.
Last week, the Supreme Court sought a reply from the Election Commission on a plea seeking derecognition of Shiv Sena and MNS Sena as political parties for the alleged hate speeches delivered by their top leaders recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- SC asks Haryana Police to finish AIPMT paper leak probe