Out to kill wife, farmer stabs student in Mumbai
Mumbai: Vijay Sangelkar, a 35-year-old farmer from the Konkan region, came to Mumbai on Sunday to kill his estranged wife.
However, mistaking a 25-year-old woman for his wife, Sangelkar stabbed a wrong person.
The victim, Sonal S Lapashiya, a student of chartered accountancy, was brutally stabbed close to a police post near Dadar railway station. The incident took place yesterday, in one of the city’s busiest areas.
The crime took place in full public view at nine in the morning when Sonal was walking towards a bus stop. Sangelkar used to a sickle to attack the victim.
According to witnesses, the farmer realised his mistake only when Sonal’s scarf fell off her face. But by then, the damage had been done.
Sonal, who was bleeding profusely, was rushed to Sion Hospital and later to Bombay Hospital with injuries on her wrist and face.
Sangelkar was beaten up by an irate mob before police arrived at the scene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!