Over 3 lakh devotees in Pandharpur for `Maghi Ekadashi`
Solapur: Over three lakh devotees arrived in
the pilgrimage town of Pandharpur for the `Maghi Ekadashi`
celebrations here on Monday, district officials said.
Serpentine queues of devotees from across Maharashtra and
the neighbouring states including Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh
could be seen near the Vitthal temple at Pandarpur, district
information officer Sambhajirao Gaikwad said.
The banks of the Chandrabhaga river too was over crowded
with the devotees, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon