Over 40,000 form human chain in Mumbai to promote peace
Mumbai: With an aim to promote social harmony and peace, more than 40,000 people gathered to form a human chain in Mumbai on Saturday, covering a distance of 45 kilometres.
An initiative of the Nirankari Mandal charitable trust, the human chain started from Trident Hotel, Nariman Point, and culminated at Dahisar Check Naka in Mumbai’s western suburb.
“Through this human chain we want to spread the message of humanity, oneness so that the social discomfort and divide in the country can be removed. We want peace and brotherhood in the country. This is the message of our guru, Nirankari Baba, that there should be peace in the country and peace in mind of all its citizens,” said Satbir Singh, a participant and a resident of Dadar locality.
In the morning, Mumbai witnessed a chain of people standing on the roadside and walking on the pedestrian path holding hands.
The participants comprised of children, youngsters, girls, elderly men, women, people from all religions and castes.
“Small kids, elderly, youngsters, girls, mothers belonging to different castes, religions, of different skin colours have come to participate in the formation of this human chain. They are all from different professions, some are engineers, some are doctors, some are students,” said Ramashankar Jaiswal, another participant.
The participants were seen holding banners, placards and were singing songs, through which they tried to spread the message of peace and oneness and to embrace the concept of one common god.
Their fellow members and locals from other regional centres in Maharashtra joined the devotees of the charitable trust, which organised the event in Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Bihar flood toll rises to 22; 17 lakh people in 10 districts affected
- VIDEO! History-maker Kusal Mendis hits six to complete his century against Australia
- ISRO rocket launch postponed in wake of missing IAF aircraft search!
- What a talent! 'Kar chale hum fida' patriotic song by this street singer will give you goosebumps - WATCH
- Migrant arrivals inch up after failed Turkey coup: Greece