Over 60 people questioned for burglary at Hema Malini`s house
Mumbai: Over 60 people have been questioned
in connection with the theft of cash and jewellery worth Rs 80
lakh at Bollywood actress Hema Malini`s bungalow in suburban
Goregaon but a breakthrough eluded the police.
"We have questioned over 60 persons including two
security men who were on duty at the bungalow at the time of
burglary including domestic helps and milkman," Senior
Inspector Vinayak Kakde from Dindoshi Police Station said
"We have not yet got a breakthrough but hoping of
cracking the case soon. Our probe is on the right track," he
Thieves broke into the actor`s bungalow `Gokuldham` on
and decamped with Rs 75 lakh cash and gold ornaments including
a gold waistband, diamond jewellery, bangles, gold chains and
earrings totalling worth Rs 5 lakh, police said.
The 61-year-old actor-turned-politician had gone to
Nagpur last Saturday and found cash and valuables stolen from
her cupboard when she returned the next day.
Those questioned also include neighbours and newspaper
vendor, police said, adding further investigations were on.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India