Over 60 people questioned for burglary at Hema Malini`s house
Mumbai: Over 60 people have been questioned
in connection with the theft of cash and jewellery worth Rs 80
lakh at Bollywood actress Hema Malini`s bungalow in suburban
Goregaon but a breakthrough eluded the police.
"We have questioned over 60 persons including two
security men who were on duty at the bungalow at the time of
burglary including domestic helps and milkman," Senior
Inspector Vinayak Kakde from Dindoshi Police Station said
"We have not yet got a breakthrough but hoping of
cracking the case soon. Our probe is on the right track," he
Thieves broke into the actor`s bungalow `Gokuldham` on
and decamped with Rs 75 lakh cash and gold ornaments including
a gold waistband, diamond jewellery, bangles, gold chains and
earrings totalling worth Rs 5 lakh, police said.
The 61-year-old actor-turned-politician had gone to
Nagpur last Saturday and found cash and valuables stolen from
her cupboard when she returned the next day.
Those questioned also include neighbours and newspaper
vendor, police said, adding further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack