Over 60 people questioned for burglary at Hema Malini`s house
Mumbai: Over 60 people have been questioned
in connection with the theft of cash and jewellery worth Rs 80
lakh at Bollywood actress Hema Malini`s bungalow in suburban
Goregaon but a breakthrough eluded the police.
"We have questioned over 60 persons including two
security men who were on duty at the bungalow at the time of
burglary including domestic helps and milkman," Senior
Inspector Vinayak Kakde from Dindoshi Police Station said
"We have not yet got a breakthrough but hoping of
cracking the case soon. Our probe is on the right track," he
Thieves broke into the actor`s bungalow `Gokuldham` on
and decamped with Rs 75 lakh cash and gold ornaments including
a gold waistband, diamond jewellery, bangles, gold chains and
earrings totalling worth Rs 5 lakh, police said.
The 61-year-old actor-turned-politician had gone to
Nagpur last Saturday and found cash and valuables stolen from
her cupboard when she returned the next day.
Those questioned also include neighbours and newspaper
vendor, police said, adding further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!