Pachayat members to lose post for not having toilets
Mumbai: Members of Pachayats in
Maharashtra including Sarpanch would lose their posts if they
do not construct toilet in their home.
The decision was taken at the cabinet meeting held
here today in order to keep the rural areas clean and make
representatives set an example before the people.
"It was introduced as part of the Nirmal Gram Scheme
to have an open defecation-free districts," an official from
Water Resources and Sanitation Department said.
The members have been given deadline of January 1,
2011 to build the toilets else their membership would be
cancelled on March 31, 2011, the official said.
Even the candidates willing to contest the Panchayat
polls after April 1, 2011 would have toilets at their houses,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah