Pachayat members to lose post for not having toilets
Mumbai: Members of Pachayats in
Maharashtra including Sarpanch would lose their posts if they
do not construct toilet in their home.
The decision was taken at the cabinet meeting held
here today in order to keep the rural areas clean and make
representatives set an example before the people.
"It was introduced as part of the Nirmal Gram Scheme
to have an open defecation-free districts," an official from
Water Resources and Sanitation Department said.
The members have been given deadline of January 1,
2011 to build the toilets else their membership would be
cancelled on March 31, 2011, the official said.
Even the candidates willing to contest the Panchayat
polls after April 1, 2011 would have toilets at their houses,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi