Pachayat members to lose post for not having toilets
Mumbai: Members of Pachayats in
Maharashtra including Sarpanch would lose their posts if they
do not construct toilet in their home.
The decision was taken at the cabinet meeting held
here today in order to keep the rural areas clean and make
representatives set an example before the people.
"It was introduced as part of the Nirmal Gram Scheme
to have an open defecation-free districts," an official from
Water Resources and Sanitation Department said.
The members have been given deadline of January 1,
2011 to build the toilets else their membership would be
cancelled on March 31, 2011, the official said.
Even the candidates willing to contest the Panchayat
polls after April 1, 2011 would have toilets at their houses,
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living