Padamsinh gets bail in Anna Hazare murder plot case
Aurangabad: Aurangabad bench of Bombay High
Court on Wednesday granted bail to NCP MP Padamsinh Patil in social
activist Anna Hazare murder plot case.
Patil, also a prime accused in Congress leader Pawanraje
Nimbalkar murder case, was arrested on October 24 after Hazare
lodged a complaint against him for allegedly plotting the
social activist`s murder.
Patil was sent in judicial custody by Judicial Magistrate
First Class (JMFC), Latur after he was produced before it.
Hazare in his complaint has alleged that Patil, along
with Parasmal Jain, a co-accused in Nimbalkar murder case,
plotted his murder after Hazare exposed Terna sugar factory
scam in Osmanabad the inquiry into which led Patil to resign
from his ministry.
The High Court bench comprising Justice P R Borkar
granted the NCP leader bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez