Pages from Adarsh files go missing from MoD office
Mumbai: Some pages from files pertaining
to the controversial Adarsh Housing Society have gone missing
from the city-based state headquarters of the Ministry of
Defence, the judicial panel probing into the high-rise scam
was told on Tuesday.
MoD counsel Dhiren Shah informed the two-member
commission that a particular noting on the communication
between Major General S S Jog and then GOC of Army
Headquarters (Maharashtra, Gujarat and Goa), A R Kumar, was
missing from the files.
"The noting made in March/April 2000 is about Jog,
then administrative staff officer to Kumar, and it was about
disagreeing to the no objection certificate issued by the army
to the Mumbai collector for construction of Adarsh society,"
"Kumar, an accused in the case registered by CBI, had
not paid heed to Jog`s noting and had directed him to issue
the NOC to the collector," the counsel said. The commission is
currently recording the evidence of Jog.
Earlier, files on Adarsh society had gone missing from
the state Urban Development Department and the New Delhi
office of the Ministry of Environment and Forests.
The missing files from MOEF contained the society`s
proposal, forwarded by the state government to the Union
ministry, seeking clearance for its construction. The ministry
had replied that since the plot of land fell in CRZ, the
permission was required from Maharashtra Coastal Zone
After the controversy broke out last year, four pages
pertaining to the deletion of a nearby road from civic plans
for giving more FSI to the society, and CRZ clearances, were
found missing from the Urban Development Department office.
CBI, which is probing the case, has been informed by
the Defence Ministry about the missing papers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi