Pages from Adarsh files go missing from MoD office
Mumbai: Some pages from files pertaining
to the controversial Adarsh Housing Society have gone missing
from the city-based state headquarters of the Ministry of
Defence, the judicial panel probing into the high-rise scam
was told on Tuesday.
MoD counsel Dhiren Shah informed the two-member
commission that a particular noting on the communication
between Major General S S Jog and then GOC of Army
Headquarters (Maharashtra, Gujarat and Goa), A R Kumar, was
missing from the files.
"The noting made in March/April 2000 is about Jog,
then administrative staff officer to Kumar, and it was about
disagreeing to the no objection certificate issued by the army
to the Mumbai collector for construction of Adarsh society,"
"Kumar, an accused in the case registered by CBI, had
not paid heed to Jog`s noting and had directed him to issue
the NOC to the collector," the counsel said. The commission is
currently recording the evidence of Jog.
Earlier, files on Adarsh society had gone missing from
the state Urban Development Department and the New Delhi
office of the Ministry of Environment and Forests.
The missing files from MOEF contained the society`s
proposal, forwarded by the state government to the Union
ministry, seeking clearance for its construction. The ministry
had replied that since the plot of land fell in CRZ, the
permission was required from Maharashtra Coastal Zone
After the controversy broke out last year, four pages
pertaining to the deletion of a nearby road from civic plans
for giving more FSI to the society, and CRZ clearances, were
found missing from the Urban Development Department office.
CBI, which is probing the case, has been informed by
the Defence Ministry about the missing papers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price