Pak national using red beacon on car; HC steps in
Mumbai: Expressing displeasure over a Pakistani national using a red beacon on his private vehicle in the city, the Bombay High Court directed the police to produce all details of the car and also the offences registered against Sayyed Waseem-ur-Rehman Shah.
The court was hearing a petition filed by `Dargah Hazrat Khwaja Mansurul`, a shrine located in Bhandup, against Mr Shah and other authorities, alleging that the Pakistani national is trying to usurp the dargah land even though his role in its affairs is restricted to a spiritual guide.
"Police officers routinely check even vehicles of high court judges. How can you let this man, who has offences registered against him roam freely in the city," a division bench of Justices AS Oka and SS Jadhav said.
Lawyers Rajiv Patil and Ajit Kenjale, representing the petitioner, submitted that Mr Shah made inflammatory speeches and following a private complaint before the Magistrate`s Court an FIR was being registered against him.
In spite of this and other offences registered against Mr Shah in Sangli and Mumbai, he is freely roaming about and that too in a car that has a red beacon mounted on it, Mr Patil said while submitting photos of the vehicle.
According to the affidavit filed by CID Inspector Rajendra Mandhare, Mr Shah came to India in November 2006 on a visitor`s visa issued by the Indian High Commission in Islamabad. The visa, which was valid for 90 days, was extended a few times before it expired in May 2007.
Mr Shah`s subsequent application for a visa was rejected by the Ministry of Home Affairs and he was directed to leave India. Mr Shah subsequently left India on May 19, 2007. The affidavit states that Mr Shah again entered India with an X Visa (entry visa) in October 2010 which was once again issued by the Indian High Commission in Islamabad for a period of one month and extended from time to time which is valid till December 2012.
The court has now directed the police to file a reply on the allegations made in the petition regarding the car as well as details of offences registered against Mr Shah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi