Palestinian held in Mumbai for smuggling gold bars worth Rs 3.5 cr
Mumbai: A Palestinian student was today arrested by Customs officials at the international airport in Mumbai for allegedly trying to smuggle in gold bars worth Rs 3.5 crore.
Mohammed Rana, an engineering student, was intercepted while he was passing through the green channel this morning, a Customs official said.
When his luggage was checked, gold bars weighing 10.5 kg were found in his possession. Only those passengers who have no goods to declare can pass through the green channel, the official added.
According to Customs, Rana was stopped on suspicion and on checking the meticulously concealed gold bars were sighted.
Rana, who landed at the airport on a Gulf Air flight from Bahrain, was subsequently arrested and the gold bars were confiscated, the official added.
The 22-year-old came to deliver the gold to a receiver in the city, the official said, adding probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'