Palghar gets election dept for Assembly polls
Palghar: The Maharashtra government has sanctioned staff of election department of the newly formed Palghar district, in view of the forthcoming Assembly polls.
The Palghar district, having six Assembly constituencies - Dahanu, Vikramgadh, Palghar, Boisar, Nalla Sopara and Vasai - has a population of around 30 lakhs, according to a government document.
The six Assembly segments which form the Palghar Lok Sabha constituency comprise of nearly 15.50 lakh voters, as per the figures provided during the recent LS elections.
The state government had last week vide a GR sanctioned the five posts for the election department of the new district for management of the poll process.
Collector Abhijeet Bangar is the district election officer.
The posts approved include one each of deputy collector, (who will be the deputy district election officer), nayab tehsildar, class-I clerk, steno/typist and a class IV employee for the election department, as per the government resolution (GR).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside