Palghar gets election dept for Assembly polls
Palghar: The Maharashtra government has sanctioned staff of election department of the newly formed Palghar district, in view of the forthcoming Assembly polls.
The Palghar district, having six Assembly constituencies - Dahanu, Vikramgadh, Palghar, Boisar, Nalla Sopara and Vasai - has a population of around 30 lakhs, according to a government document.
The six Assembly segments which form the Palghar Lok Sabha constituency comprise of nearly 15.50 lakh voters, as per the figures provided during the recent LS elections.
The state government had last week vide a GR sanctioned the five posts for the election department of the new district for management of the poll process.
Collector Abhijeet Bangar is the district election officer.
The posts approved include one each of deputy collector, (who will be the deputy district election officer), nayab tehsildar, class-I clerk, steno/typist and a class IV employee for the election department, as per the government resolution (GR).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!