Palghar gets election dept for Assembly polls
Palghar: The Maharashtra government has sanctioned staff of election department of the newly formed Palghar district, in view of the forthcoming Assembly polls.
The Palghar district, having six Assembly constituencies - Dahanu, Vikramgadh, Palghar, Boisar, Nalla Sopara and Vasai - has a population of around 30 lakhs, according to a government document.
The six Assembly segments which form the Palghar Lok Sabha constituency comprise of nearly 15.50 lakh voters, as per the figures provided during the recent LS elections.
The state government had last week vide a GR sanctioned the five posts for the election department of the new district for management of the poll process.
Collector Abhijeet Bangar is the district election officer.
The posts approved include one each of deputy collector, (who will be the deputy district election officer), nayab tehsildar, class-I clerk, steno/typist and a class IV employee for the election department, as per the government resolution (GR).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'