Palghar inaugurated as Maharashtra`s 36th district
Palghar: Chief Minister Pritviraj Chavan on Friday inaugurated the new district Palghar, making it the 36th district of the state.
The district with headquarters at Palghar, has been carved out of country`s biggest district Thane. It has a population of nearly 29 lakhs.
On the inaugural function, Chavan said the government will take all necessary steps to ensure that Palghar is developed into a "modern district".
"We will make Palghar as the most modern and model district in the country and every facility would be provided to it. Assistance of agency like CIDCO or any other similar agencies will be taken to develop a `planned Palghar` district," he said.
Tracking down the efforts made to form the new district, the chief minister said Palghar has been created taking into consideration all the factors and that the district is neither a big nor a too small district.
He said Plaghar would be developed in terms of developing six-roads, establishing health institutes and education centres.
On a query of the distinct being seen as a `tribal district`, Chavan said that the government would take all measures to develop the district. He refrained to call it as a tribal district.
Chavan, praising Maharashtra said, that it is prosperous state in all respect as compared to other states.
"Maharashtra is `samruddha` (prosperous). I would ensure that it is better by all means than other states and I am determined to do it," he said.
Thane guardian minister Ganesh Naik, deputy speaker of the Legislative Council Vasant Davkhare, revenue minister Balasaheb Thorat were among prominent leaders to attend the function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'