Paramilitary personnel to get benefits at par with state cops
Nagpur: The Maharashtra government has decided to extend all benefits at par with state policemen, to paramilitary personnel engaged in anti-naxal operations in eastern part of the state, Home Minister RR Patil has said.
After a marathon debate on measures to curb naxalism in eastern Vidarbha districts late last night in the state Legislative Assembly, Patil said in case of death of personnel
belonging to CRPF and ITBP, who are posted in anti-naxal operations in Gadchiroli district, all the benefits including compensation given to state policemen, will also be accorded to them.
The state government has drawn up a package of Rs 654 crores for carrying out various developmental activities in the naxal-infested districts with the help of Centre. Part of
the package to the tune of Rs 55 crores have already been received here, Patil informed the Lower House.
He said the state government would be paying Rs 35 crores to the electricity distribution company to overcome the load shedding. The state will also pay electricity bills of
farmers and tribals, who have failed to pay the same for last three months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!