Part of cash looted in Nashik found in Thane, robbers escape
Thane: Thane city police seized Rs 28 lakh from three men in the Wagle Estate locality here early Monday morning.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Balasaheb Patil said the cash was a part of the Rs 1 crore 3 lakh looted by four robbers from the office of builder N N Mandge in Nashik city on September 27. The robbers had fired at the builder during the robbery.
Mandge, police said, had kept the cash in his office for purchase of land. Nashik police had alerted the police of neighbouring districts about the absconding robbers.
Today, during a patrol, police team led by ASI Arjun Khairnar spotted a suspicious-looking Innova car at around 3 am near Wagle Estate.
When the police approached, the car`s three occupants ran out, but one of them dropped a bag which contained Rs 28,08,500 in various denominations. The remaining cash could be in the bags which other two were holding, DCP Patil said.
The car, which the robbers left behind, is registered in Ahmednagar.
Efforts were on to nab the robbers, the DCP added.
The bills and other things found in the car indicated that culprits were on a spending spree after the robbery, police said.
They seemed to have spent the money on clothes, shoes, and also donated some money to temples in Ahmednagar and Aurangabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach