Part of cash looted in Nashik found in Thane, robbers escape
Thane: Thane city police seized Rs 28 lakh from three men in the Wagle Estate locality here early Monday morning.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Balasaheb Patil said the cash was a part of the Rs 1 crore 3 lakh looted by four robbers from the office of builder N N Mandge in Nashik city on September 27. The robbers had fired at the builder during the robbery.
Mandge, police said, had kept the cash in his office for purchase of land. Nashik police had alerted the police of neighbouring districts about the absconding robbers.
Today, during a patrol, police team led by ASI Arjun Khairnar spotted a suspicious-looking Innova car at around 3 am near Wagle Estate.
When the police approached, the car`s three occupants ran out, but one of them dropped a bag which contained Rs 28,08,500 in various denominations. The remaining cash could be in the bags which other two were holding, DCP Patil said.
The car, which the robbers left behind, is registered in Ahmednagar.
Efforts were on to nab the robbers, the DCP added.
The bills and other things found in the car indicated that culprits were on a spending spree after the robbery, police said.
They seemed to have spent the money on clothes, shoes, and also donated some money to temples in Ahmednagar and Aurangabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi