Part of cash looted in Nashik found in Thane, robbers escape
Thane: Thane city police seized Rs 28 lakh from three men in the Wagle Estate locality here early Monday morning.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Balasaheb Patil said the cash was a part of the Rs 1 crore 3 lakh looted by four robbers from the office of builder N N Mandge in Nashik city on September 27. The robbers had fired at the builder during the robbery.
Mandge, police said, had kept the cash in his office for purchase of land. Nashik police had alerted the police of neighbouring districts about the absconding robbers.
Today, during a patrol, police team led by ASI Arjun Khairnar spotted a suspicious-looking Innova car at around 3 am near Wagle Estate.
When the police approached, the car`s three occupants ran out, but one of them dropped a bag which contained Rs 28,08,500 in various denominations. The remaining cash could be in the bags which other two were holding, DCP Patil said.
The car, which the robbers left behind, is registered in Ahmednagar.
Efforts were on to nab the robbers, the DCP added.
The bills and other things found in the car indicated that culprits were on a spending spree after the robbery, police said.
They seemed to have spent the money on clothes, shoes, and also donated some money to temples in Ahmednagar and Aurangabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!