Parties can publish ads in newspapers: EC
Mumbai: Maharashtra Election Commission
Wednesday said that the political parties can publish
advertisements in newspapers even as the campaigning for
tomorrow`s civic polls concluded last evening.
Ten municipal corporations, including Brihanmumbai
Municipal Corporation (BMC), will go to polls tomorrow.
"After the end of the campaign, personal interviews of
political leaders cannot be printed or aired in newspapers and
news channels," a press statement issued by the State Election
It also said that the news channels can, however,
broadcast news on the poll campaign provided they do not show
the speeches made by politicians during the election rallies.
"Analysis of opinion or exit polls cannot be shown," the
statement read, adding the group discussion of leaders from
various political parties will not be allowed on electronic
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed