Parties can publish ads in newspapers: EC
Mumbai: Maharashtra Election Commission
Wednesday said that the political parties can publish
advertisements in newspapers even as the campaigning for
tomorrow`s civic polls concluded last evening.
Ten municipal corporations, including Brihanmumbai
Municipal Corporation (BMC), will go to polls tomorrow.
"After the end of the campaign, personal interviews of
political leaders cannot be printed or aired in newspapers and
news channels," a press statement issued by the State Election
It also said that the news channels can, however,
broadcast news on the poll campaign provided they do not show
the speeches made by politicians during the election rallies.
"Analysis of opinion or exit polls cannot be shown," the
statement read, adding the group discussion of leaders from
various political parties will not be allowed on electronic
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan