Parties can publish ads in newspapers: EC
Mumbai: Maharashtra Election Commission
Wednesday said that the political parties can publish
advertisements in newspapers even as the campaigning for
tomorrow`s civic polls concluded last evening.
Ten municipal corporations, including Brihanmumbai
Municipal Corporation (BMC), will go to polls tomorrow.
"After the end of the campaign, personal interviews of
political leaders cannot be printed or aired in newspapers and
news channels," a press statement issued by the State Election
It also said that the news channels can, however,
broadcast news on the poll campaign provided they do not show
the speeches made by politicians during the election rallies.
"Analysis of opinion or exit polls cannot be shown," the
statement read, adding the group discussion of leaders from
various political parties will not be allowed on electronic
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued