Parties can publish ads in newspapers: EC
Mumbai: Maharashtra Election Commission
Wednesday said that the political parties can publish
advertisements in newspapers even as the campaigning for
tomorrow`s civic polls concluded last evening.
Ten municipal corporations, including Brihanmumbai
Municipal Corporation (BMC), will go to polls tomorrow.
"After the end of the campaign, personal interviews of
political leaders cannot be printed or aired in newspapers and
news channels," a press statement issued by the State Election
It also said that the news channels can, however,
broadcast news on the poll campaign provided they do not show
the speeches made by politicians during the election rallies.
"Analysis of opinion or exit polls cannot be shown," the
statement read, adding the group discussion of leaders from
various political parties will not be allowed on electronic
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy