Parties can publish ads in newspapers: EC
Mumbai: Maharashtra Election Commission
Wednesday said that the political parties can publish
advertisements in newspapers even as the campaigning for
tomorrow`s civic polls concluded last evening.
Ten municipal corporations, including Brihanmumbai
Municipal Corporation (BMC), will go to polls tomorrow.
"After the end of the campaign, personal interviews of
political leaders cannot be printed or aired in newspapers and
news channels," a press statement issued by the State Election
It also said that the news channels can, however,
broadcast news on the poll campaign provided they do not show
the speeches made by politicians during the election rallies.
"Analysis of opinion or exit polls cannot be shown," the
statement read, adding the group discussion of leaders from
various political parties will not be allowed on electronic
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him