Parties seek action against Raj Thackeray for anti-Bihari jibe
Patna: MNS chief Raj Thackeray`s anti-Bihari remarks on Saturday created a furore in the state with political parties today asking the Centre to take strong action against him for his comments.
JD(U) said the Centre should take cognisance of his comments.
"The MNS chief has been spewing venom for past many years against north Indian people, including those from Bihar, settled in Mumbai and Maharashtra," JD(U) spokesman Neeraj Kumar said.
Referring to RJD, Kumar said the party, which has been a constituent of the UPA government for years, should put pressure on it to act tough against Thackeray.
Condemning Thackeray`s remark, BJP leader Giriraj Singh said he should be booked on charges of sedition for attacking the unity and integrity of the country.
The Maharashtra Navanirman Sena(MNS) chief`s anti-Bihari jibe yesterday was also violative of Constitution and parliamentary democracy which allowed the citizens to settle down in any part of the country, Singh, also the state Animal Husbandry and Fisheries Minister, said.
RJD spokesman Ramkripal Yadav also took umbrage to Thackeray`s offensive and said the people of Bihar have constitutional right to live in any part of the country, including Maharashtra.
Bihar PCC president Chaudhary Mehboon Ali Kaiser too slammed Thackeray`s comments and said he has written to Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan protesting against it.
NCP General Secretary Tariq Anwar too castigated the comments and said Thackeray was trying to strengthen his political base in Maharashtra by playing out regional politics.
Thackeray had yesterday threatened to force Biharis out of Maharashtra if authorities in Bihar take legal action against Mumbai policemen who picked up a teenager on charges of vandalising the martyr`s memorial during Azad Maidan protest on August 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark