Party raid: Two patrons move court for anticipator
Mumbai: Two patrons, who were booked for arguing with police during a raid on a South Mumbai lounge bar, on Monday sought anticipatory bail in the case.
Archit Jaykar and his friend Hrithik Bhasin, who were booked for voluntarily causing hurt and criminal intimidation after police raided the bar located at Kala Ghoda on wee hours on Saturday, moved the sessions court seeking anticipatory bail.
According to police, the duo began arguing with police and allegedly helped the detainees escape the place during the raid.
They alleged in their bail applications that police wrongfully detained 200 people for two hours during the raid and manhandled women patrons while women constables showed up only 45 minutes after the raid.
The application is likely to come up for hearing on Tuesday.
Police raided LIV Club in Kalaghoda in south Mumbai after it was found open beyond stipulated time limit of 1:30 AM on Saturday.
At least 200 revellers rounded up by police and brought to the premises of MRA Marg police station in south Mumbai had escaped soon after.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read