Party raid: Two patrons move court for anticipator
Mumbai: Two patrons, who were booked for arguing with police during a raid on a South Mumbai lounge bar, on Monday sought anticipatory bail in the case.
Archit Jaykar and his friend Hrithik Bhasin, who were booked for voluntarily causing hurt and criminal intimidation after police raided the bar located at Kala Ghoda on wee hours on Saturday, moved the sessions court seeking anticipatory bail.
According to police, the duo began arguing with police and allegedly helped the detainees escape the place during the raid.
They alleged in their bail applications that police wrongfully detained 200 people for two hours during the raid and manhandled women patrons while women constables showed up only 45 minutes after the raid.
The application is likely to come up for hearing on Tuesday.
Police raided LIV Club in Kalaghoda in south Mumbai after it was found open beyond stipulated time limit of 1:30 AM on Saturday.
At least 200 revellers rounded up by police and brought to the premises of MRA Marg police station in south Mumbai had escaped soon after.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...